Lipsticks are the most commonly used beauty products in the world. They are small, practical, but they can make a huge difference. All of this should also mean that they are made in a simple way and that manufacturers need no more than a minute to make one lipstick.
In reality, the situation is completely different. At the beginning, you should know that lipsticks contain several ingredients. In this article, you can know more about all the ingredients. The manufacturing process is complicated as well. It takes a lot of precision and it is a complicated process in general.
The main steps
There are 4 main processes in which lipsticks are made. An interesting fact is that they are made in batches, in order to manufacturer use the necessary pigment and reduce the losses. Important: All ingredients in lipsticks are safe to use.
- The first step is to melt all the ingredients. They must be melted separately in order to avoid possible complications and make them ready for the next step.
- In this step, the mass that we got is mixed with the oils. This is a time-consuming process, so it takes a lot of time. In addition, the color pigments are added to the mixture as well.
- The next step includes adding the mixture from the previous step into the hot wax. Wax is the main ingredient of the lipsticks and it is the main reason why it will melt when applying.
- This mixture must be processed in order to eliminate the air from it. It is a very important step and it takes a few hours as well.
- In this step, lipsticks are poured into molds.
- Lipsticks are cooled down and remodeled by hand. This applies even to the most affordable ones.
It is a real pleasure being able to watch the entire manufacturing process. It is complicated and it requires precision. As we said earlier, all ingredients are safe to use and lipstick companies are checked all the time.
The main ingredients include emollients, wax, oils, and pigments. We will add the fact that fat is used as well. Obviously, this is a natural fat. In no circumstances, manufacturers can use artificial chemicals. They have banned from beauty industry a few years ago.
The bottom line is that now you can be positive that your lipstick is safe to use and it won’t have a single drawback.